Does anybody here remember that amazing blue bug eyed critter named Izzie or Whatizit? from the olympic days...who came up with that? classic flop if there ever was one. could here it splat on the ground in loganville.
how bout that be our slogan "Waar's At lanta?"
i am a local, ya'll. born and raised, ayep. my daddy was from a yankee family, michigan... and me mumma was from tucker. im 7th generation tucker on that side. there's a certain pride in that.perhaps that word is too strong. an interest at the very least. gives me a sense of honesty.Or something to be aware of.something i do love and have a comfort in, because of its familiarity and its ways.but im a split, see.got the yankee dad. some of my ways and pronunciations make even my own kind not even feel me. so i sense this clannish angering reticence to open up. to be totally genuine. im just being listened to and told what i want to hear. im being coaxed for info. we're smiling and all, yes.but it is so darn subtle and sweet.
ive noticed a kind of reclusiveness in certain corners of southern culture.it has to do with willingness to communicate as well as willingness(personally as well as , well,whatever else) to be an evident part of a culture, in terms of causing a visible thing to stereotype.or target. it would almost seem like we are no longer here. but believe me we are.i think it is evident in different ways.. drive down lawrenceville hwy in tucker and try to throw a rock without hitting a church.For me, that in itself is one of the more on the surface evident things. in living here all my life(except for 95-96 in new orleans) i still sometimes feel like no one is from here anymore. but i do stop and realize that, or believe that, every culture has its ways that are representative in others in other ways. it just takes a symbiotic synchronicity, a patience and a timing. Especially amongst strangers and co-workers. and i am still restricting this to specific aspects within a specific culture.it is
an invisible strain. but it feels good to communicate and feel understood.and feel a sense of family. I believe those attempting to brand atlanta have a challenge that only about 20 yrs will cure. southern secret society, for a fun silly name, is being dissolved. like sugar in tea that aint sweet enough...or is it. we will tell you we are gone. we promise. only a few more years and it'll be different. yep.
this here river dont go to aintry.
no man with a good car needs to be justified
so yeah, amy hoover, tony accurso, john padgett...right on. i like the one about the brand not "coming to him, it seems he has to go to it." very true. i reminds me of the dominance and submissiveness of any relationship. how hats are shared. sucks feeling like you are submitting control.having to be the one to ask.gotta stay on yr toes. Opening up, as it were. i wasn't to with Padgett's whole saccharin smile padded scoring perspective. "we should be proud of what we accomplished"attitude. What? that now we've now got some interesting, smart and capable people who are now figuring out that they should be willing to work together? what do you want? a medal? you learned how to walk or swim. congrats. my neice just learned how to walk a few months ago. should i invest in a freakin billboard now?
i realize i am doing an awful lot of personal projecting. it is presumptious. i do feel like i have observed some sort of commonality,though. it would seem we could steal Las vegas's slogan and it would work just as well for us.
oh and the song...It sucked.the end. If it did ANY polarizing, it was between those with and those without taste.
city of peace seems okay. peace is neat. id rather it, than gettin in a fight.but i'll rassle wich ya in mah backyard and wup tar outcha.if you gotta problem with it, that is.
im fixin to go now. so bye.peace.
anyone here remember Hee Haw? sheesh.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
If you think you think you should heed the warning of your mother and sister and not risk uncertain sorcery,turn to page 25
- ► 2010 (57)
- Niikuni Seiichi was born and died on a blog for m...
- wait various amounts of time and have all of these...
- Introducing! Eggtooth's Artist Survival Scheming...
- plastic waffle
- iM YOU
- OLD WRITING
- PRINCE & ANDY WARHOL
- SLOW PAINTING IN ATL (SEPT 2006)
- ARTISTS STATEMENTS
- BOOK REVIEW
- PERFORM ART
- WHAT IS A PERCHERON?
- first, id like to say congrats to aaron at pd.org ...
- POOR LITTLE MONKIES
- okay.. sex.. sex is like a crosswalk parade. s...
- IGNORANT EXPLETIVES (& CHICKEN WINGS)
- FILTHY HURT
- Luddite Machine is a slow quickening a blurred ...
- ARTIST TALK Engaging and with Grace. We've fig...
- WHATS THIS ABOUT HORSE?
- designer of covers monster who r you? anton le w...
- maybe we could get Timothy Belt Buckles to hold an...
- ONCE MORE WITHOUT FEELING
- cute joke. harp seals. they're so cute. ever rea...
- degenerative.. im gonna have to say nope to this...
- IMAGINE EARRING
- PRE-RECORDED LIVE
- A TRUE SEA TURTLE &
- I drop a hand drawn business card to the floor, wh...
- AFTER A YOUNGBLOOD RENTAL NIGHT
- EGGTOOFUS BEAN
- who are some of the exceptions, in your honest opi...
- How to Pick Pockets (in galleries & festivals) b...
- howdy all. what's for SALE? today.... touch me ...
- somebody please validate a pressing need for art. ...
- by eggtooth and Fay Lynx "Let's take it to the s...
- I DISAGREE WITH MYSELF
- boredom.i will speak directly i guess. but it is b...
- wait a minute let me get this straight...you went ...
- id like to sabotage the on-ramp sign at 85 and 285...
- Dwindling in the mire of self examined will and th...
- 2 blur to SCRIPT
- out for context
- its elton john. or perhaps it is a good construc...
- WHY JEFF?
- I SHLD SHUT UP ABOUT AIKIDO
- A SUGGESTION
- OH MY.
- Im glad you chose to qualify your defintions with ...
- SERIOUS DILETTANT
- OUT OF CONTEXT
- SO I CAN SEE MYSELF
- REVERSE ORDER
- ANCIENT MEMORY
- Does anybody here remember that amazing blue bug e...
- I thought Christians view human life, the physical...
- ▼ February (65)