Im glad you chose to qualify your defintions with the safe and very true observation that "intentions mean nothing". this is very true. i did not raise you and therefore cannot presume to crawl into your mother's womb and put a headset playing beethoven on yr mellon. or stick you in a closet, make you wear clothing designed by the artist for the opposite sex(intentions mean nothing) Make you watch her turn profits selling body. that is as honest as you can get.prostitution, that is. anything else is fair game. any idea as an abstract thing is a set up for dishonesty. or virtue. is up to me and you.
all of this is working from the notion that the physical body, as a warm blooded critter cannot lie with base actions. it eats poops procreates dies....all else is mental, some even say spiritual.we could puree the entire supreme court and use them as "human conditioner" and dip criminals in them.let sit for 2 minutes. repeat. what do you think?
my previous post was my tongue and cheek recap of some comments i had read.i, of course, realize that there is possibly somebody out there i consider more serious. but that would be my opinion
there's technically no such thing as dishonest or not serious or really even a dilettant. but i will be the first to tell you what i think is. i am basically pleased with how you broke things down and will not try to break myself showing you how sassy i can be by taking your own words and showing you your own gaps. im sure you know what you meant and i do to.
to me, i am starting to realize that honesty and gratification go hand in hand.as an example, natural talent can be a catharsis, or a dishonestly gratifying thing for some. but we, or maybe even that person themselves, will never know.
to me, this time i spend discussing things and thinking about posts could be dishonest."juggling" as a friend calls it.
But influence is good. making yourself aware of things going on out there is good. sharing ideas is good. sharing thoughts. also good. presuming someone is in a phase behind you or totally lacking in anything relative to you...bad. ignore them if you want.we only have so much time.we do have to learn to discern. i would say this could all be taken or used as a miniature test of a person's sense of centering. i think that is what is frustrating to a number of these "serious artists" wanting dilettantes and non-serious artists gone. its messing with their self image, the context they receive themselves in.they've paid their dues, man. they dont have time for phases they already been through or nver went through. they are serious.. well guess what...i will bypass the whole serious not serious thing as far as art goes and go straight to the person themselves.
some of you don't deserve to exist. but i love ya just the same. i promise.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
If you think you think you should heed the warning of your mother and sister and not risk uncertain sorcery,turn to page 25
- ► 2010 (57)
- Niikuni Seiichi was born and died on a blog for m...
- wait various amounts of time and have all of these...
- Introducing! Eggtooth's Artist Survival Scheming...
- plastic waffle
- iM YOU
- OLD WRITING
- PRINCE & ANDY WARHOL
- SLOW PAINTING IN ATL (SEPT 2006)
- ARTISTS STATEMENTS
- BOOK REVIEW
- PERFORM ART
- WHAT IS A PERCHERON?
- first, id like to say congrats to aaron at pd.org ...
- POOR LITTLE MONKIES
- okay.. sex.. sex is like a crosswalk parade. s...
- IGNORANT EXPLETIVES (& CHICKEN WINGS)
- FILTHY HURT
- Luddite Machine is a slow quickening a blurred ...
- ARTIST TALK Engaging and with Grace. We've fig...
- WHATS THIS ABOUT HORSE?
- designer of covers monster who r you? anton le w...
- maybe we could get Timothy Belt Buckles to hold an...
- ONCE MORE WITHOUT FEELING
- cute joke. harp seals. they're so cute. ever rea...
- degenerative.. im gonna have to say nope to this...
- IMAGINE EARRING
- PRE-RECORDED LIVE
- A TRUE SEA TURTLE &
- I drop a hand drawn business card to the floor, wh...
- AFTER A YOUNGBLOOD RENTAL NIGHT
- EGGTOOFUS BEAN
- who are some of the exceptions, in your honest opi...
- How to Pick Pockets (in galleries & festivals) b...
- howdy all. what's for SALE? today.... touch me ...
- somebody please validate a pressing need for art. ...
- by eggtooth and Fay Lynx "Let's take it to the s...
- I DISAGREE WITH MYSELF
- boredom.i will speak directly i guess. but it is b...
- wait a minute let me get this straight...you went ...
- id like to sabotage the on-ramp sign at 85 and 285...
- Dwindling in the mire of self examined will and th...
- 2 blur to SCRIPT
- out for context
- its elton john. or perhaps it is a good construc...
- WHY JEFF?
- I SHLD SHUT UP ABOUT AIKIDO
- A SUGGESTION
- OH MY.
- Im glad you chose to qualify your defintions with ...
- SERIOUS DILETTANT
- OUT OF CONTEXT
- SO I CAN SEE MYSELF
- REVERSE ORDER
- ANCIENT MEMORY
- Does anybody here remember that amazing blue bug e...
- I thought Christians view human life, the physical...
- ▼ February (65)