who are some of the exceptions, in your honest opinion?
and what traits do they have that make them such?
in fact, you dont even have to name them....im just curious about their traits, if you can generalize these characteristics without having to address specifics.
i have recently decided that work is either decorative or "means something" i mean..im a painter.. what's a painting?
brian holcombe once made reference to some of my knock off wanna be cubist stuff as not "relevant to now". i like that phrase.
e.k huckaby once told me that "intentions mean nothing" also a good one.
and lastly, Karin S used to drill me with "you gotta be doing it for yourself"
little cliches, if you want. i know. but hey... doing it for love is all you got anywhere. i mean, you can be miserable if you want, i dont care. I dont believe a person can declare themselves a martyr. perhaps they can be scientific about what they do.
but like pandra has smacked me with "what do you want white boy?" all the same. i got what i got and nobody can take my way, my gig,my technique, my training.can't be taken away from me. if i wanna sell, ill stick with coffee shops and festivals.
hell, ill go so far as to say that if i REALLY wanted to, i could research just about any gallery in this city and take the time to cater to their needs. but i do it from the reverse, starting with me and remembering that..to a point of eating myself sometimes?but...i believe thats the way to be. make undeniable stuff for myself.
i know i dont identify with certain people's WORDS to describe why they do what they do. i look at the work.
sometimes the CONTEXT i receive it in clouds my judgment and makes me a victim of my own judgement. thats me, though. im getting better. greatness can pop up anywhere.im interested in NEW in general. not current issues. i guess to me this topic is more about the human condition.
does GREAT WORK need a scene or a city's sense of self image to perpetuate it?to what extent is the hustle a percentageof its life? opinions? cuz to me that starts to get into the whole veneer of it..the necessity of it and all the things that go with leaving your house with what you do from the get go... is it evil?
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
If you think you think you should heed the warning of your mother and sister and not risk uncertain sorcery,turn to page 25
- ► 2010 (57)
- Niikuni Seiichi was born and died on a blog for m...
- wait various amounts of time and have all of these...
- Introducing! Eggtooth's Artist Survival Scheming...
- plastic waffle
- iM YOU
- OLD WRITING
- PRINCE & ANDY WARHOL
- SLOW PAINTING IN ATL (SEPT 2006)
- ARTISTS STATEMENTS
- BOOK REVIEW
- PERFORM ART
- WHAT IS A PERCHERON?
- first, id like to say congrats to aaron at pd.org ...
- POOR LITTLE MONKIES
- okay.. sex.. sex is like a crosswalk parade. s...
- IGNORANT EXPLETIVES (& CHICKEN WINGS)
- FILTHY HURT
- Luddite Machine is a slow quickening a blurred ...
- ARTIST TALK Engaging and with Grace. We've fig...
- WHATS THIS ABOUT HORSE?
- designer of covers monster who r you? anton le w...
- maybe we could get Timothy Belt Buckles to hold an...
- ONCE MORE WITHOUT FEELING
- cute joke. harp seals. they're so cute. ever rea...
- degenerative.. im gonna have to say nope to this...
- IMAGINE EARRING
- PRE-RECORDED LIVE
- A TRUE SEA TURTLE &
- I drop a hand drawn business card to the floor, wh...
- AFTER A YOUNGBLOOD RENTAL NIGHT
- EGGTOOFUS BEAN
- who are some of the exceptions, in your honest opi...
- How to Pick Pockets (in galleries & festivals) b...
- howdy all. what's for SALE? today.... touch me ...
- somebody please validate a pressing need for art. ...
- by eggtooth and Fay Lynx "Let's take it to the s...
- I DISAGREE WITH MYSELF
- boredom.i will speak directly i guess. but it is b...
- wait a minute let me get this straight...you went ...
- id like to sabotage the on-ramp sign at 85 and 285...
- Dwindling in the mire of self examined will and th...
- 2 blur to SCRIPT
- out for context
- its elton john. or perhaps it is a good construc...
- WHY JEFF?
- I SHLD SHUT UP ABOUT AIKIDO
- A SUGGESTION
- OH MY.
- Im glad you chose to qualify your defintions with ...
- SERIOUS DILETTANT
- OUT OF CONTEXT
- SO I CAN SEE MYSELF
- REVERSE ORDER
- ANCIENT MEMORY
- Does anybody here remember that amazing blue bug e...
- I thought Christians view human life, the physical...
- ▼ February (65)